BBB
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Very nice

Post Thanks / Like
    Only registered members can view quoted posts.
    I bet you'd be able to ride that Norton/Laverda one ok Phill, I think it'd be a real treat !!
    2001 ST4
    2004 ST4s

URL: Only registered members can view URLs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Only registered members can view quoted posts.
    IME a well sorted/tuned/put together Norton Commando is a very fast, nice and fairly reliable bike to ride, even by todays standards.
    F'ck all weight, good handling and a very "grunty" but also fast revving twin, it's not for nothing that big bore Commando's do sooooo well in Classic Bike racing.
    Peter Williams lapped the TT Course at over 107 mph waaay back in around '72 (?) on a Commando that made around 75 rwbhp, the "modern" Commando's make a lot more than that and are still pretty reliable.
    Also back in '72 the Commando would do 0-60 in 2.8 sec's, how many "Top Bollox" cars can do this sort of speed today?

Having said all of that I was always a Triumph Trident man back in the day, owning 5 Trident/BSA Rocket Three's...Now we're talking fast British bikes of the period!!!!
    But I always say to anyone wanting a useable Classic British bike, Buy a Commando they're the most useable/reliable of all the old British bikes.

Steve R

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I had a 1970 fastback Commando, the one with the Atlas engine, it was a brilliant bike. I had rearsets on it and a pair of Norton straight bars (from my 99 Domi) and it was quick and handled well
    I'm just too busy being fabulous!

Post Thanks / Like
    I spoke on the moby today to my mate who's putting the sporty motor into the featherbed frame.

When I said 'where are you ?', he said 'In Walsall collecting a Norton Atlas I've just bought'...

Pic of said beast

Atlas.jpg
    Last edited by MarkST; 09-11-2013 at 09:29 PM.
    2001 ST4
    2004 ST4s

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123