BBB

Thread: Pics of my SS

Post Thanks / Like

Pics of my SS

Hi guys,sorry for not writing in ages but things have been a little busy recently and i meant to put some pics up ages ago.it may be not to every ones taste but variety is the spice of life they say.I may be moving things on a little with the mods but i will see bored i get lol.

Image: Only registered members can view images.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Looks good Sheepy

I like the 2 cans, a bit GP

As you say it would be boring if we were all the same

Your post was waiting approval as you only made 4 posts but should clear once you get posting. Its just to stop new users posting crap

I have altered your pics to show direct

cheers

11 miles from the Nurburgring and 75 miles from Spa Francorchamp
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whats the swinger off?? If i am honest your bike looks far cooler than anything in the current Ducati range. Well done !

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Blackie,i had trouble remembering whether i was a member or not then there was the password etc...i have a memory of a fish lol.hi Doogalman,the swingarm is a standard arm but 'wrapped' in sheet aluminium for the GP7 MotoGp look.In fact im a massive fan of Stoner (hence the number) and Ducati whether it be Gp or WSB.The whole modification was on a budget with the idea of making it different but cheaply in my shed lol.It was standard before this except for some race cans and rear sets but the body was looking a little tired.It was either clean up or change completely.It took me 2 yrs of pondering and balls to do it.I love an SS from certain angles but i reckon front on its a little dated.Oh,and had this been a Superlight i wouldn't have done it .It helps being a welder too.

List of mods are shortened rear frame painted at home in Alfa Romeo Rosso red,strengthened headstock tubes,Hiroshi Aoyama replica seat unit trimmed to suit with bespoke plate/light hanger,plated swingarm,standard wheels,cheapo fleabay rearsets,916 head unit with projector lights,Acewell digital dash,modified/tidied loom,dynojet kit,k&n,lightened flywheel,aluminium clutch basket,braided brake lines with shorty levers,race clip-ons and bespoke 2 into 2 exhaust with small 'race' type cans,re built top end with a Baines rehone.All built in the shed lol....the only thing i didn't do was the white paint and the honing.

If i am honest i like it as it is and its been done for a couple of years now but i am still debating whether to change the look again and re-do the exhausts as these look good but are just too noisy.The next system will hopefully bring the boom back and i will link the two again.I am in two minds to go for a fairing or an 848 head unit with Aprillia RSVR style seat or go the other way for a cafe racer look but i think that look is getting a little common amongst builders these days.

Idle hands and all that

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Good info - I like that. I too was going to ask about the Swingarm as NCR used to do a similar looking item.

Well done, nice work.

Oh yes, its of help - I have an SS board of my own, just for info really:

URL: Only registered members can view URLs.
    Cheers - Frank

"He who wants to move the world, first, must move himself" Socrates...

Post Thanks / Like
    Only registered members can view quoted posts.
    Yeah yeah yeah, need to be quicker. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Only registered members can view quoted posts.
    heepy;33099]The whole modification was on a budget with the idea of making it different but cheaply in my shed lol./QUOTE]

Allways prefer the low budget built in sheds Specials. Anyone can go out with a blank cheque book and build something by bolting loads of add-ons to something and calling it special. Or worse still pay someone to build THEIR special. oxymoron or what??

Post Thanks / Like
    Too true.Its a fact if i had more money i would still do it at home if i could as that's half the fun.I would still do some bespoke stuff but maybe buy the odd trick bit if it was out of my comfort zone.
    Mind you i would still love a Superlight in the shed too,or maybe in the front room