BBB
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sodding Ebay (again)

Yep, Rant time once again. But, 3 for 1 this time.

Seems every incompetent, fake scammer is back on Ebay as bad as ever.

January, spotted a chancer selling 40-odd bikes, none of which were his. Took me nearly TWO HOURS to run around Ebay's farce of a reporting system to prevent anyone else from getting ripped off.

(Google's image search scored a victory for the good guys - auctions withdrawn).

So, end of Jan, thought I'd tidy the car a little with a set of new wheel trims. Found some nice Ford factory items, listed for a second time around but seller only wanted personal collection, quite distant from me. Emailed to see if a courier would be ok, she said that would be fine if I won them...

Which I duly did, for half the RRP (If something is too good to be true.....)

I was going to use Hermes, but that needed the seller to print a collection label for the box - she didnt have a printer and didnt know how to use one Image: Only registered members can view images.

Eventually, she agreed to post them out but only if I paid £5 postage up front, alarm bells were ringing by now but I used Paypal for the payment & I still wanted the trims. Next, I'm getting shed loads of Emails as it cost another £12 postage and she wanted me to pay immediately - which I wasnt going to do until I'd seen them!

Which was just as well as the 17" trims she advertised turned out to be 16" - no good to me at all.

I gave her a chance to fully refund which she refused so I went straight to Ebay dispute. So did she a few days later AND LOST. Yes, Ebay are better with buyers these days but they DIDNT even ask me for evidence, a photo would of been easy, showing the 16" stamp inside the trims. Instant refund but yes, I'm £5 out of pocket for a set of useless trims I should be able to sell on....

Ready for more?

Finally decided on the action cam I'm going to buy myself (JVC XA2, yeah mainstream I know but great quality & waterproof without a case) - it uses full size SD memory cards so I started shopping as I'm going to need a few for two weeks in Canada, during August.
    Max card size is 128Mb, so I found a 'good' seller on Ebay, PC kit only, 100% feedback, active in the last month, no negatives ever. Selling two 128Mb Sandisk cards, one in open auction the other as buy-it-now, common tactic.

Open auction ended on a weekday morning which is fine by me. I was able to watch the end and won it for a little over half the RRP, which is - deep breath £80.

Within 10 mins of paying I had an invoice and an Email saying it was dispatched which seemed a little too fast - so I looked further....

All seemed ok until I noticed another of the sellers items, a 2TB USB memory stick!!! I thought it said 2GB not 2 Terabyte; when I check, the claimed manufacturer HP, dont even make a 2TB, 512Gb is the maximum for the style shown. So more digging and I find a seller using the same image in an auction for another 2Tb stick, auction title is slightly different. But, on looking at the contact details.....

Exactly the same address is used but, different user name & different Email address. FFS

I've not even bothered waiting now - instant dispute.

Might be time to give Ebay a rest for a while.
    Cheers - Frank

"He who wants to move the world, first, must move himself" Socrates...

Post Thanks / Like
    giving it a rest fer awhile may be a good call mucker, if it wasnt fer bad shit, you'd have none at the moment..

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Only registered members can view quoted posts.
    Very true - Feck me I even thought of selling my Falco the other day !!!
    Cheers - Frank

"He who wants to move the world, first, must move himself" Socrates...