BBB
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm such a romantic !!

This June 2nd the wife and I celebrate our silver wedding anniversary, now, we both love Italy and what better way to celebrate than a trip to Florence ! It just so happens that the motogp @ Mugello happens just up the road from Florence on the 31/5. So a few clicks of the computer later, and we have a week in Florence, and tickets to Mugello. One thing Cindy couldn't believe, and it could only happen in Italy, if you are disabled OR a women you get €20 discount on gp tickets ! They claim its to encourage families to attend as kids under 16 get in free, so with girlie discount the whole family and not just dad can enjoy the event.
    998R, D16RR, Hypermotard SP

Post Thanks / Like
    result, and congratulations on the tickets to mugello...

oh yeh, an the anniversary thingy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mugello is my favorite track for MotoGP, I've attended twice and believe me Steve the Italian fans are completely mental and they made me very very welcome now if you come out of the back of the curcuit theres a lovely road (SR302) that takes you into Florence away from the heavy traffic.

If you need a good hotel let me know.

Geoff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cheers Geoff. Hotel is all sorted in Florence, although we also are spending a night at start and finish in Bologna, 'cos couldn't fly direct to Florence from Stansted, but have booked all accommodation. We are going to the races on Sunday by train. Really looking forward to it.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Well done Steve

My silver was this March so we went to Egypt

Post Thanks / Like
    MotoGP tickets arrived in post this morning, v,v,V excited !

Post Thanks / Like
    Not wishing to rub my retirement in, but..... The GP bug has bitten and I've just booked a campsite for the motorhome 3miles from Assen, and have got tickets for the Dutch GP. Will take the Eurotunnel over to Calais and then take three days travelling up to Assen with the missus and the dogs, plot up for three days at Assen, taking in the racing on the Saturday and then either do the same in reverse OR the German GP is only two weeks later, and once we're in Europe who knows. Just got to decide where we want to travel for the two weeks. Watch this space.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got back from Italy and Mugello GP. Have to say had a great time and the atmosphere at the racing was fantastic. It's also saved me money on the cinema, 'cos I now don't have to go and see Mad Max, I have lived it. The organisers job at Mugello just seemed to have comprised of taking tickets on the door and then just letting everyone get on with it. Want to drive your bike/moped/car/motorhome through the crowds on the paths around the track ? Fine, just keep hitting the horn to comply with health and safety. Food stall blocking your view/parking ? No problem just park as close to it as possible, or pitch you tent next to it, makes getting food easier. Honestly, I'm anti the nanny state and too much health and safety, but Mugello verged on the ridiculous. There literally seemed to be no rules, they even allow dogs at the circuit, and to stop dangerous crowd invasion of track at the end, don't. Just don't let riders do victory lap and remove part of the barrier and fencing to allow fans on the track with flares, smoke canisters and chainsaws (with blade removed and a megaphone for a silencer). Utter, utter madness, but great fun. Getting to the circuit was also fun, don't believe anything you read on the Internet. There will NOT be extra trains laid on, just very overcrowded ones. Shuttle buses at the two stations will be a couple of 30 seaters dealing with hundreds if not thousands of fans. We walked from the station (San pietro a sieve) which, according to the Internet is the closest at 3km from track, no probs, except it's 8km from track which in 28 degrees was tiring. If all this sounds negative, it isn't really, I'd do it again in a heartbeat, but forewarned as they say is forearmed. Next time, I'll take the bike, park it OUTSIDE the circuit and walk the last bit

Post Thanks / Like
    sounds fantastic, i watched the guy with the chainsaw on tv... wtf..

Post Thanks / Like
    They are completely off their heads. Chainsaws, old engines mounted to frames, which they just Rev the nuts off, and their own bikes, blokes sitting there bouncing their bikes off the rev limiter. Don't suppose many slept over the weekend