BBB

Thread: Tyre/eBay rant

Post Thanks / Like

Tyre/eBay rant

The rear Bridgestone tyre for the D16 is getting harder and harder to get and more and more expensive as a result. So, as soon as I put a new one on, I start searching for a replacement. Guy on eBay is advertising a rear for the D16, but is quoting the wrong size 16.5 instead of 16. Now he says it's a BT01 and oem for the bike. The price is good, so not wishing to be a pain, but being careful, I ask him to confirm the rim size. No reply. I wait a few days and ask again if he can take a look and confirm that it is a 200/55/16. No reply. Then I get two answers. Fist saying "it's oem it will fit", and the second saying "stop asking questions and get your wallet out". Still no answer to my actual question, so the **** can keep his tyres (I now think I've found one for about £10 more from a very helpful dealer)
    998R, D16RR, Hypermotard SP

Post Thanks / Like
    Only registered members can view quoted posts.
    I'd report him to ebay for that Steve, particularly bearing in mind the cost of the tyre if it's the wrong one.
    2001 ST4
    2004 ST4s

URL: Only registered members can view URLs.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll give him benefit of the doubt, that the last message was said in jest, but he's not getting my money. It's not like I was asking a difficult question. On another note, I know on another post you said you were trying to stay off of forums to get on with other stuff, but good to have you back mate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol cheers Steve. I've also been having a right nightmare with the ST4S elecs and had the bike in the dining room over the winter so I could work on it in the warm and dry. Thought I'd sorted it so took it back out (not an easy task getting it in and out) to find I hadn't sorted it after all, so it's come back in. I'd reached the outer extremes of my elecs skill level so I've got a mate round here working on it and it should be up and running for the weekend.

Apologies for thread hijack.
    2001 ST4
    2004 ST4s

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope you get it all sorted, and no apologies necessary

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Tell him to fcuk off Steve. Money spends anywhere

Post Thanks / Like
    My thoughts exactly

Post Thanks / Like
    As I've mentioned on another thread I have now sourced a new rear tyre. Matey on eBay wanted £225, but he was an arse. Found someone else who eventually offered me one at £235, but then went quiet. Lucked out today found a dealer with one left at £194 delivered, payment by PayPal. So new tyre on the way to be stored in spare room until needed

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice find Steve, I quite often hear Desmo owners complaining over the lack of the rear tyre seems alittle short sighted by Bridgestone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Think the shortsightedness was really Ducatis. They should have, either at the time or retrospectively offered a 17 inch rear option, thus keeping insurance companies happy. From Bridgestones point of view only 1500 were made, many aren't ridden really, some spend all their time on track using slicks, so the demand, I guess, is relatively low. I assume they produce a limited number each year or so and we are all chasing those. What annoys me, is that dealers get them for around £150 each and want £300 retail 'cos they know they're rare and of course D16 owners are rolling in money, so why not overcharge !