BBB

Thread: Oulton park

Post Thanks / Like

Oulton park

I'm posting this here rather than in "BSB" section 'cos I've no intention of giving race results or spoilers etc, as I know many may not yet have seen results/watched races on TV.
    I've never been to Oulton before as it's quite a way from me (400 mile round trip) and from Norfolk awkward to get to (most places are, from Norfolk). It all started on Friday afternoon. Ducati UK Racing had a competition on Facebook to win two hospitality passes for day of your choice, all it involved was clicking "like" and saying which day. I did so and asked for Monday. Two people would win, randomly chosen at 5pm. 7pm came and I'd won. Sadly this was too short notice for the people I would normally invite (work/family getting in way, how selfish). Asked around on this forum and elsewhere, but ended up Norman. Decided as was long journey and weather looked iffy to drive rather than ride, the roads from here to Grantham are great, rest of route pretty complicated and boring, plus I needed to get up at sparrows fart to get there for first race of day, so went in car. Have to say, lovely circuit and setting and a good days racing.
    Checked in at hospitality, and pleased they recognised my status !
    Image: Only registered members can view images.
    Free drink and food throughout the day, plus a TV should I wish to drive 400 miles and watch the racing on TV whilst sipping a coffee etc. very nice staff and friendly atmosphere, and did I mention free ?
    Really enjoyed the racing from various pints around the track, really liked Druids, gave a fantastic impression of speed. Don't really do photos, but here are a couple from around the paddock
    Last edited by steveknowles; 05-05-2015 at 09:53 AM.
    998R, D16RR, Hypermotard SP

Post Thanks / Like
    Ducati hospitality is very good, did you get the chance to go into the garage ? I also won two VIP tickets for the Donington round and had a great day.
    Steve
    RED 1998 748 and its a Keeper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't go into the garage, although did do a bit of lurking

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Excellent Steve

Ive had a trackday round Oulton. Nearly crashed

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like a fun track

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    It is. the bends near the end are a mare. There is like a double apex to hit & then it dips which trows you right off . I caned it in the wet & got a right wiggle on all the way to the final corner.
    No idea how i stayed on i just pinned it

Post Thanks / Like
    Watched some of the racing from Druids, and with those that are allowed to run it, you could hear the anti wheelie/traction control trying to keep things under control, and see the bikes fighting the riders.