BBB
    Post Thanks / Like

Hypermotard 821 SP

So, took the plunge and bought one. Big thanks to Ducati Lincoln who looked after me incredibly well, from test ride, giving me an excellent part ex price for the Diavel, and have generally made the whole experience really pleasant. Back to the bike. Chose the SP 'cos although it's dearer than the base model, it comes with a few extras, namely, better, fully adjustable suspension, Marzocchi forks and Ohlins shock, lighter wheels (from the Panigale) , Pirelli super corsa tyres,plus a few carbon bits and bobs. The suspension is also longer travel making the saddle around 2cm higher than standard. This bike is not for short arses, I've always been able to get my feet flat on the ground on both the 998 and the D16, but with this I can only get the balls of my feet on the floor. Which at the moment means I find it harder to manoeuvre the bike around using foot power, but will get used to it. It has three riding modes, Race, sport and wet (standard has sport, urban and wet). Each mode alters the amount of tc and abs and in wet the power is reduced. In race and sport it apparently puts out around 110bhp. You can alter the tc and abs in each mode to suit your needs. The abs also controls rear wheel lift when braking, although race turns this and rear abs off. Have to say this bike turns you into a complete idiot, it feels like a moped on steroids, and you find yourself grinning like an idiot and throwing it around. The only downside I've found at the moment is with the standard exhaust, firstly there is a flat spot at around 3.5 thou, due to the exhaust valve (more problematic at the moment, due to running in) and also if I ride with the ball of my foot on the right peg, my heel hits the exhaust. All this could be fixed by fitting the Termi race pipe (said I wasn't going to, but who knows). Still very early days (haven't had it a week yet), but at the moment have to say I'm loving it ! Not as quick or brutal as the Diavel, but lots of fun and surprisingly quick and will get quicker once run in (I tend to stick to Ducatis recommendations, I know a lot of people think it's unnecessary).
    998R, D16RR, Hypermotard SP

Post Thanks / Like
    Which at the moment means I find it harder to manoeuvre the bike around using foot power, but will get used to it.......

I tried one in the showroom last year.... nearly fell off it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely tallest bike I've ever ridden, should keep the hips supple getting on and off
    998R, D16RR, Hypermotard SP