BBB

Thread: Silverstone

Post Thanks / Like

Silverstone

Continuing my bike racing quest, I've been to two more race meets recently. Caldwell park for BSB, and yesterday the GP at Silverstone. The place was absolutely packed, and although I got absolutely soaked on the way home m really glad I didn't go in a car as my two hour journey each way on the bike would have been closer to four hours each way by car judging by the traffic. Although not good for my health, the rain made for very entertaining racing as it wasn't so hard at the time that it became a procession (won't spoil things by mentioning results). I treated myself to a seat in the Ducati Grandstand, got a goodie bag (baseball cap only good thing in it), and was covered, but I really prefer wandering around, although has to be said Silverstone isn't the best viewing track. All in all, had a great day,got so wet on the way home I was having to drain out my gloves at traffic lights ! I didn't have waterproofs 'cos I'm a fair weather biker. D16 behaved impeccably, although the throttle is a little brutal in very wet conditions. When I got home it looked like the bike was bleeding as all the white fairing panels were smeared with red, turned out my 10+year old leathers had run, even though they have been out in the wet several times before. Now all I have to do is strip and clean the D16.
    998R, D16RR, Hypermotard SP

Post Thanks / Like
    thats that acid rain mucker..

Post Thanks / Like
    Whatever it was it was bloody wet and horrible. My gear is still sopping wet, slowly drying out. If the rain holds off today will get it outside to hopefully speed the process.
    998R, D16RR, Hypermotard SP